Kargo’s software engineers develop cutting edge technology that reshape logistics industry in Indonesia, connecting shippers and transporters in transparent environment and make their life much easier. We are looking for engineers who bring fresh perspectives from all areas such as large-scale system design, distributed computing, networking and data storage, security, UI design, mobile design, information retrieval and many upcoming new areas. You will work in a special assigned squad that will build groundbreaking technologies to improve logistics industry in Indonesia and later, South East Asia. Our engineering vision is to establish Silicon Valley’s engineering standard in Indonesia. You believe in that vision, understand the benefits and fully committed to achieve it together with the team!
Kargo is seeking engineers who love to listen to the customers, working as a team and proactively ignite the team into motion whenever necessary. You will work in a small squad creating industry-leading features which will revolutionize logistics industry in Indonesia. The team will own the business and technology side of features developed. You will be involved in absolutely every aspect of the process—from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to front and middle-tier software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will need to operate at massive scale, 24x7.
Who you are and what you’ll do:
- Customer obsessed. You will develop cutting edge technology which will be used by truck drivers in big cities and small provinces with poor internet connection in Indonesia. Most of their phones are not flagship and you understand that very well. Your technology will work smoothly with their phones in their shipping area.
- Let the best ideas win. You will always look for improvement, how to optimize your code, how to optimize your team’s code and you understand very well that valuable feedback could come from everyone.
- Ownership. Not only the technology, you will also own the business side of features developed. You will proactively communicate project risks, following best coding standard and writing maintainable and extensible code.
- First principles thinker. You will do bug fixing. You will constantly ask ‘why’, identify the root cause of the problem and you will make sure that other engineers won’t face the same problem by building high quality tests and documentation.
- Ambitious. You will be working in engineering team which aiming to reach Silicon Valley’s caliber. You believe in that vision, understand very well that the process will not be easy and fully committed to achieve that together with the team.
- Graduated from Reputable University
- Knowledge of working with Rest APIs and GraphQL
- Working knowledge of Git
- Building UI with libraries like Bootstrap or Material UI or Ant design.
- Good communicational skills
- Interest in understanding product requirements
- Any experience in building logistics and payments products is a plus