- To plan, organise and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan.
- Conduct risk assessment of all departments-Reports risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the company stakeholders and Company Board and provides recommendations for improving the organisation's operations.
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development re best practices.
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved.
- Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures.
- Evaluate the organisation's readiness in case of business interruption.
- Provides support to the company's anti-fraud programs.
- All other duties as reasonably requested
- Educated to degree level in a related field or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years experience in accounting, finance, auditing or Business Management in a rapidly growing business
- Preferably someone with auditing logistics company
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills Ability to address issues and effect change
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times