Kargo is fostering ‘Silicon Valley-like culture’ in our engineering team. We are building Silicon Valley’s engineering mindset, capability and quality in Indonesia. Engineering managers should be the first person to believe in this vision and passionately spearhead the execution to make it happen. Engineering Managers are not only having the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of superstar engineers. Technology growth is never-ending and as an Engineering Manager, you should be aware of this and constantly aim for cutting edge technology. You will also make sure the other engineers are able to optimize their code as much as you are optimizing your own code.
Kargo is seeking Engineering Managers to help develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You have an established background in driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, developing long-term technical roadmaps, a strong technical ability to guide and coach, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Who you are and what you’ll do:
- Leadership. You will manage a team of superstar software engineers including task planning, coaching, growth plans, issue resolution and providing technical leadership and guidance. You will also establish a solid project framework and development processes.
- Customer obsessed. Drive customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity in our product.
- Ownership. Be responsible for the overall planning, executing and success of technical projects.
- Ambitious. You passionately believe in the vision and will spearhead the execution of building engineering team with Silicon Valley’s caliber in Indonesia.
- First principles thinker. Expertly design and own technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful, strategic approaches. You will also help to build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity.
- Let the best ideas win. Be it non-engineering team, SDE III, SDE II or even SDE I, you will hear out and consider their feedback and ideas.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience with proven management capabilities.
- Verbal and written English skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong fundamental in computer science (algorithms, data structures and problem solving).
- Ability to recruit and manage a team of experienced engineers on projects.