About Kargo Product Team
Kargo Product Team consists of Product Management and Product Design functions. Our main job is to build products and services to achieve Kargo’s mission, and deliver best-in-class experience for our users: shippers (small businesses, enterprise businesses, freight forwarders), transporters (truck owner operators & their drivers) and internal team (our operations, customer success, finance, and sales team).
We operate a combination of human-centered design & design thinking approach in building solutions for our customers, and promote co-creation alongside our engineers and business team. We work in a dedicated team model where each squad has a designated mission and specific outcomes to achieve (we use OKR throughout the organization). Each Product Manager and Product Designer are ideally assigned with a few Product Engineers and QA Engineers to work together.
About The Role
As the product leader of Shipper Group, you will be responsible to lead the end-to-end product discovery and delivery process for the group. Shipper is the demand side of the marketplace (small / medium businesses, enterprise businesses, freight forwarders) who needs trucking services from the supply side (the transporters i.e. truck owners operators).
Shipper Group products are built around our centralized shipper platform that serves all shippers — big and small. Under your group, there will be a few squads working on different focus areas around the shipper lifecycle. The span of work covers the following but not limited to: acquisition and growth of shippers in our marketplace, overall shipper experience in shipping with Kargo, shipper engagement and retention, as well as tech solutions adoption.
As a people manager, you will be expected to invest in the development of your team by helping to define clear development plans and expectations while also holding each Product Manager accountable for success. Additionally, you'll need to provide resources, coaching, and regular, actionable feedback.
- Define product vision and strategies for large, ambiguous product areas under Shipper Group
- Help guide your team on how to maximize impact of those strategies by using data and research to create effective execution through product initiatives
- Own outcomes in form of Objectives & Key Results (OKR) for overall Shipper Group product suite
- Lead the team in the exploration of problem-solution fit, product-market fit, and scale of Shipper Group product portfolio — depending on each product’s stage
- Identify opportunities, assess fit, and de-risk overall direction for Shipper Group through research, experimentation, and validation
- Communicate cross-functionally and build strong relationships with product, engineering, business, and design leadership
- Evangelize your vision and product narrative for Shipper Group throughout Kargo organization and ensure it is in line with other product groups as we are trying to build a holistic logistics ecosystem
- Coach Product Managers under your team and help them achieve the most optimum outcomes while preparing them to grow mastery in their PM career through regular feedback
- 5+ years of product management & product leadership experience
- Experience in managing a team of Product Managers (>5 PMs)
- Experience in hiring and growing teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Economics / other relevant fields
- MBA degree from reputable institution
- Fluent/native Bahasa Indonesia speaker
- Previous management consulting experience
You’ll Be A Perfect Fit If:
We are looking for leaders who live and breath Kargo’s cultural values and internalize those values in their work as a product leader:
- Customer obsessed. You get your hands dirty by talking and listening to your customers, then learn from their pain points and feedback. You bring customer voice in meeting rooms and replace opinions with data and insights.
- First-principle thinker. You love problems and are dedicated to solving the root cause, not just the symptoms. You guide the team to build products that drive outcome, not just output.
- Big bold bets. You think long term and optimize for moonshot ideas that will disrupt logistics innovation, while using data to test your hypothesis.
- Let the best ideas win. You are a good listener and collaborator that brings the best of everyone, you embrace thoughtful disagreements while fully committing to the final collective decision.
- Do more with less. You can work under constraint while still striving for optimum results. You are smart about prioritizing resources, and laser focused to achieving what matters most.
- Act like an owner. You go above and beyond by challenging the team to own the success together. You don’t care whether it’s your job or not, you’ll make it happen.